Monday, July 25, 2011

Recent News

Well, we lost the fight and foreclosed last Tuesday. Our realtor said Flagstar (our mortgage lender) is by far one of the worst he's ever come across. I have to agree. From 3 years ago when we tried to refinance to now, they have been extremely difficult to deal with! It almost seems like foreclosure is what they had intended all along and no matter what we did, it was imminent. We are definitely puzzled by the fact that we had a buyer/contract for 2.5 months, and this still happened. I guess I had to have known it could happen all along, but the reasons they gave aren't truthful! First of all, they are saying they didn't have enough paperwork. When we asked what was missing, they couldn't tell us. That's definitely a lie. We sent in every scrap of paper they needed and then some, right down to the last minute! We even overnighted paperwork a couple of times. Then, they are saying the listing was pulled and that's mainly why we foreclosed. No, it wasn't. And our realtor has the records to show for all of that. Blatant lies. It's really sad to me that this is how some people choose to do business.

So Tuesday was kind of a hard day. We heard the news about the foreclosure, and were still waiting to hear back from the landlord of the rental home we had looked at. Waiting is not my strong suit. ;-) But by Wednesday afternoon, guess what, we got the good news about our rental and now we move in 4 days!!

I can't wait for life to settle down. (Will it ever? Please tell me it will!) Between foreclosing and moving, preparing for homeschool, packing and unpacking, etc, life is BUSY right now! But I am so thankful for all the Lord's blessings being poured out on us, and I am hopeful and excited about this new season. I had a friend come and help us have our yard sale on Saturday and that was a huge blessing, and now another friend has offered to keep the kids today so I can get some work done! Gabe has been out of town so I definitely had to take that offer... I'll be working the whole time, but working without interruptions is AWESOME. :-) I hope I get a lot of stuff done today! Between offers to help, random phone calls, emails, prayers and support, I have come to the conclusion that I really do have the best friends. I am so, so thankful for each one of you. When I blog next, I should be settled in the new place!! East Nashville, here we come!

No comments: