Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year! :-)

My father-in-law posted this on facebook this morning:
My statement of faith. "Thank you, Lord, for all you did for us in 2012."

I love that. It made me stop to think of alllll the blessings we had last year! I am so thankful!! After Sophie's birth in 2007, Gabe lost his job and that was the beginning of some rough times. In the past year my family and I have seen how the Lord is starting to redeem and restore some of the things lost. I hate that we had to foreclose 6 months ago, but out of that has come blessing! Whatever obstacle you are trying to get through right now, there IS blessing that awaits you. I don't know how many times I heard "The Lord doesn't give us more than we can handle" when I felt like I was without-a-doubt at capacity and would reach my breaking point any second. (Truth be told, I never liked hearing that as it wasn't much comfort...!) The thing about hardship is, when you experience it (whatever it may be) you come out on the other side a better person. I have a long way to go in my relationship with the Lord. I have countless lessons to learn, and tough things still come up often. But I believe there is JOY and there is PEACE in His name, and no matter what our circumstances are, He WILL meet us and fulfill the promises He has made. He is a good Father who gives great gifts- let's RECEIVE the goodness that He has for us in 2012!

No comments: