Monday, November 9, 2009

A vision I had; 2007

The one and only time I went to pre-service prayer sometime in 2007, I had a vision which I thought about today and wanted to share!

I saw an aerial view of a neighborhood, which gradually focused in on one house that was being built. I saw a man working on the foundation of the house. He would lay one cinder block, then walk to get another, and lay that one. Over and over this was repeated. He worked hard into the night and never stopped! I thought to myself "This is going to take so long for this one man to finish!!"

I immediately felt like the Lord was trying to tell me that He will never give up on me. He will never stop doing the work. But the house could be built much faster if we worked together. This came at a point in my life when I wasn't sure God was present- I really needed Him but I was stuck in a rut of expecting Him to do things in my life... sitting back and expecting. And not really taking time to spend with Him. After this vision I realized that God would never stop working on me. But teamwork is always better!!!

I get anxious often about how we are going to pay the bills, etc. I try to remember Matthew 6:33:

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."

Just a word of encouragement for today. :-)

2 comments:

Lori said...

I love that you have a couple recent posts. Shyla posted recently, too. Seems like many of us have taken an unexpected break from blogging. Something about being a mom of small children maybe? :0)

Ambra said...

Yes, I think children may have something to do w/ it! Especially for Shyla. :-)