Wednesday, October 21, 2009

time to blog again?

Every time blogging crosses my mind, I think to myself "What would I even write about?" and leave it at that. I have always had a problem w/ consistency when it comes to stuff like this. I've kept diaries and journals throughout my life sporadically... lots of memories lost due to my lack of picking up a pen!

So I decided what the heck, I'll just start typing.

It's my favorite time of year again... FALL! We've had some really beautiful days lately! Unfortunately I haven't been able to fully enjoy the weather due to bad allergies. Anyone know a good allergist? I'm tired of randomly breaking out in hives. Also my throat, nose, and ears get so itchy it's enough to drive a person insane! I plan on searching out a specialist asap. It's getting a little out of hand!

I started back at Sonic on Saturdays. I like it so far! It's work, but it's a chance to get out of the house for a while sans kids.

blah blah... see I told you this wouldn't be exciting...

So this is what it's like to blog when you're not inspired! I think I'm just tired and excited about getting into bed and reading the book I just started, 'The Pilgrim's Regress' by C.S. Lewis. I'm trying to get back into reading! I used to be a total bookworm, then my teenage years I gradually started to not read as much... mostly just magazines and newspapers now... no fun! I recently read 'Little Women' and LOVED it!! If you haven't read it, you should. I laughed, I cried; I really got wrapped up in that novel! And that's the fun of it. :-) Gabe thought I was crazy for laughing out loud and crying while reading. Makes me laugh now to think about it! Sometimes we read in bed together like Cliff and Claire Huxtable. It's awesome. I just need a lamp on my side. It's not fair that he has the lamp, but I did decorate the room myself. Poor planning.

Our local library has always been a favorite outing for the kids and I. We checked out a stack of children's books early September and 2 days after returning all of them, I got a bill for one of the books I was 100% positive I returned. I immediately called and spoke w/ the librarian (whom I know; she used to be a substitute teacher when I was in middle school) and she told me I got a bill b/c there was pink stuff on several pages of one of the books. The problem was, that pink stuff was already there when we checked it out! I didn't realize it until we got home and read it, and didn't think to mention it when I turned it in either. I explained all of this to the librarian, who seemed to not believe me but let it slide this time. This lady is always super nice to me and goes out of her way to greet me when we visit! But yesterday when we stopped by, I made eye contact w/ her when we walked in and she didn't smile and looked away. What is this about?! My life is a Seinfeld episode. Now every time I go in there it's going to be weird, and I didn't even do anything! I made sure to thumb through all pages of each book before we checked them out. Kind of a pain, but I can't have my local librarian walking around thinking I spill things on books and don't tell anyone!

Ok, that's the best I can do today. Goodnight all! (All 3 people who might read my blog?!) :-)

1 comment:

lillian said...

yay for you blogging again!