Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Blog Hiatus

I haven't had a computer for the past 2 weeks, hence the blog hiatus. Isaiah spilled water on it but luckily Applecare covered it! I didn't realize just how much I use the computer until I didn't have one. I network on it, pay bills on it, email, etc, as I think most of us do. We live in a technological day and age! I remember when we got our first computer in the mid-80s. It was an Amiga. You had to have a 'kickstart' disk to start it up, then put in whatever disk you wanted to use, like a word processing disk or a game. Seems crazy now! And how did we live without the internet?? Hmm. That probably made us do more intellectual things like actually go to the library and look stuff up instead of just googling it. Not having a computer the past 2 weeks was good for me because I actually did a lot more of the things I enjoy, like reading and sewing! But it's good to be back.

3 comments:

kathleen said...

yeah for having your computer back-- now as for the sick kiddos-- how are they doing? and how are you and gabe for that fact??

Ambra said...

gabe and i are fine! neither of us have come down w/ any of this junk... sophie has a little runny nose now but it's NOTHING compared to what isaiah has been through the past month. he still has a cough that seems to be dragging on. but i'm hopeful that will be gone too by next tuesday so he can go to school!

Wendy said...

I had been wondering if you had gotten tired of blogging already!
It's amazing how your focus changes when the computer isn't working...